On Monday I got busy and quilted the whole thing with just a large overall meander. It didn't take very long (WHY do I procrastinate on these things?!) and then I machine stitched the first part of the binding. Then last night and today I finished the hand sewing of the binding and now I have another completed project!
Laura and Charles are holding the quilt up for me inside because it was too messy (muddy) outside to risk taking a quilt out there. You can just barely see the quilting on it in the black parts.
This was originally being made for my older son and he will get it if he still wants it (he was single when he asked for it, but he's since married). Otherwise it will go to the daughter-in-law who started it and who is married to my other son. Ironically it fits on our bed, but it's definitely not our style! Charles and I will both be happy it's going to one of our kids!